-   -   Most hours worked (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/103697-most-hours-worked.html)

spankydata

Most hours worked

Hi
I have a workbook containing colleagues' daily hours worked on separate
sheets. I have then created a worksheet totalling how many hours per
week each person has worked. How do I list the names in order of who
has worked the most hours? I have the names in a row and the hours in
the columns. I think I need some kind of auto sort that will display
the names.
thanks
Steve

--
spankydata
spankydata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37217

Bob Phillips

Most hours worked

Why don't you just sort them?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"spankydata" wrote
in message ...

Hi
I have a workbook containing colleagues' daily hours worked on separate
sheets. I have then created a worksheet totalling how many hours per
week each person has worked. How do I list the names in order of who
has worked the most hours? I have the names in a row and the hours in
the columns. I think I need some kind of auto sort that will display
the names.
thanks
Steve

--
spankydata
spankydata's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569313

SteveW

Most hours worked

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:59:16 +0100, Bob Phillips
wrote:

Why don't you just sort them?

Yes, and obvously if this is a repetitive task.
Record the sort as a macro and assign a button or command to it.

--
Steve (3)

spankydata

Most hours worked

thanks
I just wondered if excel could auto update the sort when new figures
are input
Steve