-   -   Division problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/10319-division-problem.html)

Wondering

Division problem

I am trying to make a simple sheet to track my performance at work. We get
bonuses based on productivity and I entered the equation =b/c*d and if there
is no data in those boxes, I get the #DIV/0! error. These cells will stay
empty until each work day is over. Sometimes, a row will stay empty because
I have not run a machine to put data there. How do I avoid the #DIV/0! error
when cells/rows are empty of data or have a zero value? I have three rows
per work day and some days I run one machine, some days I run two and every
now and then, I run three. I need to be able to leave rows blank and still
get numbers instead of that error. I have not finished putting in the
equations and would appreciate some help resolving this.

Parts Run Hourly Rate Labor % Hours Earned Total
Monday 192 31 0.5 =B2/C2*D2
92 12 0.65 =B3/C3*D3
0 0 0.6 =B4/C4*D4 =SUM(E2:E4)
Tuesday

=SUM(E5:E7)
Wednesday

=SUM(E8:E10)
Thursday

=SUM(E11:E13)
Friday

=SUM(E14:E16)
Weekly Earned Hours =SUM(F4:F16)

Wondering

Wondering

192 31 0.5 3.097
92 12 0.65 4.983
#DIV/0! #DIV/0!

0.000

0.000

0.000

0.000

#DIV/0!

Maybe this will show it better.

Michael

Hi
Put this formula in a cell
=IF(ISERROR(B1:D1),"",B1/C1*D1)
You will have to Ctrl + Shift+ Enter to make it an array formula
Copy down as many lines as needed

HTH
Michael

"Wondering" wrote:

192 31 0.5 3.097
92 12 0.65 4.983
#DIV/0! #DIV/0!

0.000

0.000

0.000

0.000

#DIV/0!

Maybe this will show it better.

Tushar Mehta

Instead of =B2/C2*D2 use =IF(C2=0,"",B2/C2*D2)

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
[...]

My thanks to both of you. I tried both suggestions and they both work. I
apprecaite the help.

Wondering