-   -   Excel hidden notes in spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/102498-excel-hidden-notes-spreadsheet.html)

Lynne Mawson

Excel hidden notes in spreadsheet

I'm rather new to Excel and a colleague who is no longer with us created a
workbook. In one of the columns of the workbook there is the same
instruction note in each cell. This is not a comment as there is no red
marker and when I try to delete comment it's still there. The same note
shows in each cell of the column. How do I get rid of it? Can you help?
--
Lynne Mawson
Manchester

Excel hidden notes in spreadsheet

Hi

Maybe it's from Data/Validation.

Andy.

"Lynne Mawson" wrote in message
I'm rather new to Excel and a colleague who is no longer with us created a
workbook. In one of the columns of the workbook there is the same
instruction note in each cell. This is not a comment as there is no red
marker and when I try to delete comment it's still there. The same note
shows in each cell of the column. How do I get rid of it? Can you help?
--
Lynne Mawson
Manchester

Lynne Mawson

Excel hidden notes in spreadsheet

Andy - that's exactly what it was. You are an absolute star. Thanks very
much!
--
Lynne Mawson
Manchester

"Lynne Mawson" wrote:

I'm rather new to Excel and a colleague who is no longer with us created a
workbook. In one of the columns of the workbook there is the same
instruction note in each cell. This is not a comment as there is no red
marker and when I try to delete comment it's still there. The same note
shows in each cell of the column. How do I get rid of it? Can you help?
--
Lynne Mawson
Manchester

Excel hidden notes in spreadsheet