-   -   pasting beyond 64000 lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/101034-pasting-beyond-64000-lines.html)

Little Richard

pasting beyond 64000 lines

I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would like
to paste into multiple sheets

Gord Dibben

pasting beyond 64000 lines

You could wait for 2007 version which has one million rows.

OR see this KB article.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:02 -0700, Little Richard
wrote:

I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would like
to paste into multiple sheets

Qewe

pasting beyond 64000 lines

Hey Little Richard
We have been using similar amounts of data in spreadsheets but havent
overcome the 64,000 line problem. But what i'd like to know form you is ,
what kind of computer system you run , and do you have problems with
processing that amount of data ? as we do .

Cheers
Qewe

wrote:

I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would

like
to paste into multiple sheets

Little Richard

pasting beyond 64000 lines

Amd Turion 64 Mobile with power now 2ghz ,1mbl2 cache 1600mhz bus with 2
gigs ram I have no problems now. But i use to have to save an reboot
constantly so that i did not use up resources had a p3 with 1gig. I usually
have 12-14 columns with 3-5 sheets and have only used up the memory once I
was running formulas using 10 columns 6 more than my normal i normally have 2
to 4 charts in the same book they do open slow some times. I still have
problems with windows clunky notepad and wordpad when i try to replace data
lockups all the time
--
I liked Windows98s