-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   linking multiple workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/89387-linking-multiple-workbooks.html)

[email protected]

linking multiple workbooks

How can I link cells from multiple workbooks into 1 workbook?

I want to link information from many workbooks into 1 workbook to make
a sumary of all the information.

All help will be apretiated.
thnx

Miguel Zapico

linking multiple workbooks

You can check Ron de Bruin's Excel Tips page:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

In the Copy/Paste/Merge examples section you may find something you can use.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

" wrote:

How can I link cells from multiple workbooks into 1 workbook?

I want to link information from many workbooks into 1 workbook to make
a sumary of all the information.

All help will be apretiated.
thnx

Bill Manville

linking multiple workbooks

If the information from each workbook needs similar formulas in a
regular arrangement (e.g. all links from one workbook in one column), I
would set up the links from that workbook (e.g. type = in the cell /
Window to the source workbook / select the source cell / hit enter ; or
Edit / Copy from source workbook and Edit / Paste Special / Paste Link
in the summary workbook).

Then I would copy the formulas I had created and paste them where the
formulas to access the next workbook are to go, and I would use Edit /
Replace on those cells to change the workbook name.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England