-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Creating ODBC link within SELECT statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/68527-re-creating-odbc-link-within-select-statement.html)

Ron Coderre

Creating ODBC link within SELECT statement

Check this website. I use the DSN-less connections presented there and
they've worked fine on other PCs:

http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=81

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Preacher Man" wrote:

Is this possible. To explain myself, here is my situation. I created an
Excel Spreadsheet that uses an ODBC link to a SQL database. In order for
anyone to use this file on their PC, that same ODBC link must be setup. Is
their some code I can use within a Select Statement that will allow me to
bypass having to create an ODBC on everyone's PC?

Thanks.