-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   accessing & breaking links (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/63179-accessing-breaking-links.html)

gpon

accessing & breaking links

I have templates which contain a data entry sheet linked to multiple
calculation & results sheets. The tech enters data for each unit into the
data sheet, views, prints & individually saves each unit's results sheet. I
need to break the links between the saved copy & data sheet.
Here are my problems:
I can't access the links dialog box from the linked sheets in the template.
If I could I would change the links to manual update.

I can't change the links to manual update from the copied sheets. The manual
option is unavailable.

Therefore if someone within the network opens, accidentally updates & saves
the individual (copied) file - the original data would be lost forever. I'm
sure it will happen eventually. Not to mention the annoyance & confusion
caused by the update links dialog box.
Thanks for help, advice or comments.