-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Cell display (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/62938-cell-display.html)

Nuts

Cell display

I created a workbook that has a summary page with cells that link to cells in
other pages of the workbook. These cells are in date format. When there is
no entry in the cells of the other pages, the summary page cell shows
1/01/1900. I would like the cell on the summary page to be blank if the
linked cell is blank. Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Thanks

ScottO

Cell display

One way to do it (if it doesn't conflict with some other requirement
that you might have) ...
Turn off display of zero values by going Tools / Options and clearing
the tick next to Zero Values.

Rgds,
ScottO

"Nuts" wrote in message
| I created a workbook that has a summary page with cells that link
to cells in
| other pages of the workbook. These cells are in date format. When
there is
| no entry in the cells of the other pages, the summary page cell
shows
| 1/01/1900. I would like the cell on the summary page to be blank
if the
| linked cell is blank. Does anyone know how to do this?
| --
| Thanks

Ken Wright

Cell display