-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Linking and errors (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/61387-linking-errors.html)

Emma Hope

Linking and errors

Hi All,

I have sixty odd spreadsheets (one for each staff member) that contain a lot
of data spreadout over a number of tabs and cells.

I have a single spreadsheet with sixty odd tabs that links all the data i
require in a tidy format, however i have some problems.

1. A number of the linked cells after updating have #N/A in them, this is
usually but not exclusively in the top seven linked cells from one particular
field (Name). If i open the individual spreadsheets these #N/As disappear but
opening this many large spreadsheets takes a long time. Is there a fix for
this?

2. Additionally when updating the links, 2 of the 60 spreadsheets say
'cannot read file', these individual spreadsheets are the same as the other
58 and again the problem is fixed by actually opening the individual 2
spreadsheets but is a pain to do. Is there any advice on this?

3. The spreadsheet with the links is huge(!), i doubt it, but is there any
way to shrink this down?

Thanks
Emma