Old November 11th 05, 02:44 PM
Dmitry Kopnichev

Default How to delete all defined names from a workbook?

Thanks.
How to know which names Excel created? What exactly could I be breaking that
excel needs, if I delete those names?
"Dave Peterson" ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: ...
Be careful.

Excel creates names that it uses (without your knowledge and without your
permission).

If you delete those names, you could be breaking something that excel

needs.

If I were you, I'd get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles

Williams and
Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

You can delete just the names you want pretty easily.

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Hello
How to delete all defined names from a workbook?

Old November 11th 05, 03:04 PM
Bob Phillips

They usually take the format of

*_FilterDatabase
*Print_Area
*Print_Titles
*wvu.*
*wrn.*
*!Criteria

most will recreate next time needed, but not guaranteed.

--

HTH

RP

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
Thanks.
How to know which names Excel created? What exactly could I be breaking

that
excel needs, if I delete those names?
"Dave Peterson" ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: ...
Be careful.

Excel creates names that it uses (without your knowledge and without

your
permission).

If you delete those names, you could be breaking something that excel

needs.

If I were you, I'd get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles

Williams and
Matthew Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

You can delete just the names you want pretty easily.

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Hello
How to delete all defined names from a workbook?

Old November 11th 05, 06:30 PM

I sent a message to Jan Karel. He would like to see your workbook.

You can send it to him at:

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Hello
How to delete all defined names from a workbook?

Old November 14th 05, 03:17 PM
Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks!
What exactly could I be breaking that excel needs, if I delete those names?
"Bob Phillips" сообщил/сообщила в
новостях следующее: ...
[...]

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Hello
How to delete all defined names from a workbook?

Old November 14th 05, 03:20 PM
Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks!
Does not publishing an e-mail address in a message a group cause spam to the
address?
"Dave Peterson" ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: ...
I sent a message to Jan Karel. He would like to see your workbook.

You can send it to him at:

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Hello
How to delete all defined names from a workbook?

Old November 14th 05, 03:26 PM

Jan Karel told me it was ok to post that address. (I would have munged it,
too.)

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Thanks!
Does not publishing an e-mail address in a message a group cause spam to the
address?
I sent a message to Jan Karel. He would like to see your workbook.

You can send it to him at:

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:

Hello
How to delete all defined names from a workbook?