-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   cannot find database (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/546-cannot-find-database.html)

mike

cannot find database

I have an excel spreadsheet that is supposed to update a access db.
Whenever I try to save the .xls I get an error stating cannot find db.
Even when I open the db with access, I get the error and the db opens
anyway?????? This only happens on 2 out of 20 pc's and I cannot figure
out why????????
Thanks

Bill Manville

Mike wrote:
I have an excel spreadsheet that is supposed to update a access db.
Whenever I try to save the .xls I get an error stating cannot find db.

What is the exact error message?
How is the database being updated - if by a macro, can you show us the
relevant code?
What version of Excel / Access?
On the machines on which the problem occurs can you create a new query
in a different workbook from the same database?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England