Dave

Default File asks to update when no links were created

I have a file that is populated, call it dependent, by another file, call it
master, by way of a macro in the master file. The dependent file shows that
it needs to be updated because of links each time it is opened. The macro in
the master file copies and pastes special values into the dependent file. I
have used this method on other projects with no links being formed.

In the dependent file, I have searched for .xls on all tabs to see if I
could find the link, no results. I have shown the formulas on all tabs in
the dependent file, there are none just values. Finally, I went in and broke
the link in the dependent file.

What do I need to change to make the information copy over without the link
being formed?

Thanks
Frank Kabel

Hi
use the following addin to find these links:
goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

and search for Findlink.zip
(http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.a...e=FindLink.zip)

--