-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Hyperlink to word document problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/523-hyperlink-word-document-problem.html)

JS

Hyperlink to word document problem

Hi

I have an Excel sheet on which I have an hyperlink to a local word document.
When the hyperlink is clicked, word is started and the document is opened
normally. BUT when I try to save this document, Word crashes without any
messages. If I open the same Word document by directly clicking the doc
file in explorer, everything is fine (I can save). It seems like it doesnt
like being open through an hyperlink in Excel. Also note that this problem
occurs with any Word document, so its not related to the document itself.

I have this problem on several machines (98 and XP). This happens with
Office XP SP2 but not Office 2000.

Any help appreciated

thanks

Jean-Sébastien Gagnon