-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   How to change column letters to correct ones in many formulas automatically? (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/50168-how-change-column-letters-correct-ones-many-formulas-automatically.html)

Dmitry Kopnichev

How to change column letters to correct ones in many formulas automatically?

Hello
I have to make a 2004 year calculation using 2004 year table in the same way
a 2003 year calculation which used 2003 year table was made. I copied
formulas from 2003 version table to 2004 version table. The 2004 version
table has different columns order therefore column letters in the formulas
are incorrect. I want to change the column letters to correct ones according
to 2003 and 2004 column lables located in a top rows in the tables. I have
to use columns with the same lables as in 2003 year in formulas. How to
change the column letters to correct ones in all formulas automatically? I
do not need to change row numbers because they are correct.

Bob Phillips

Use Find & Replace? Obviously taking care that the correct order is
preserved (e.g. don't change column C to B and then B to A as the C's will
end up as A).

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote in message
Hello
I have to make a 2004 year calculation using 2004 year table in the same

way
a 2003 year calculation which used 2003 year table was made. I copied
formulas from 2003 version table to 2004 version table. The 2004 version
table has different columns order therefore column letters in the formulas
are incorrect. I want to change the column letters to correct ones

according
to 2003 and 2004 column lables located in a top rows in the tables. I have
to use columns with the same lables as in 2003 year in formulas. How to
change the column letters to correct ones in all formulas automatically? I
do not need to change row numbers because they are correct.

Dmitry Kopnichev

Thanks.
But How to automatically know how column numbers should be changes?
"Bob Phillips" сообщил/сообщила в
новостях следующее: ...
[...]

I can show my file. Where to send it?
[...]

bob dot phillips at tiscali dot co dot uk

do the obvious

--
[...]

I have sent.
[...]

vezerid

Dmitry,
could I have a copy of your file as well please?

Kostis Vezerides

vezerid at act dot edu

Dmitry Kopnichev

I will send in 9 hours.