-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   installing Microsoft Office XP (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/49564-installing-microsoft-office-xp.html)

hobohobo via OfficeKB.com

installing Microsoft Office XP

Just purchased a new computer that came with a 60 day free trial of Microsoft
Office XP. I removed the program in the "add/remove" section of "My
Computer". I then attempted to install the program that I already had on CD.
After typing in the the product key, I receive the message: "Set up failed
to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine. Please select the
drive where a quallifying product can be found." After trying options C
Drive and then E Drive, I got the same next error message: "Set up was
unable to locate a qualifying product." How do I properly install?