-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Linking to a website (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/48247-linking-website.html)

Jordan

Linking to a website

We have an intranet site for our users. We want to post YTD and MTD Goals,
all of which are in Excel and change once or twice a day.

We already have it setup so the Intranet site reads a file from the C drive
that has the information on it. The information is actually kept on our
server so we then had to write a batch file to copy over the file twice a day
to update it. For reasons I dont understand the intranet file need to read
from the C drive.

Is there a way to have the file that is on the C drive (the intranet is
already setup to read) linked to the file on the server and update when the
orginal file is update automatically without having to open the file?

Thanks for any help you can send out way.

Jordan

Bill Manville

Links in a file will not update unless you open the file.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England