-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Workbook Naming (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/449637-workbook-naming.html)

Ed McCormck

Workbook Naming

Using the following formula to indirectly access a worksheet from another one.
=VLOOKUP("US Navy",INDIRECT("'"&A32&"'!$H$7:$V$209"),15,FALSE)
Cell A32 is eon: Long timescale dynamics
Of course because of the : I cant name a worksheet with this name, is there a way around this, first time I ran into this problem

I didn't name it that, I import the names from the web for BOINC projects and this is one they named that way.

jerry_maguire

Vlookup

Searches for a value in the first column of a table array and returns a value in the same row from another column (to the right) in the table array.

Formula breakdown:

=VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, col_index_num, [range_lookup])

What it means:

=VLOOKUP(this value, in this, Named Range, and get me the value in this column, Exact Match/FALSE/0])

A Named Range makes it easier to understand Excel formulas, especially if the said formula contains an array argument.

A Named Range can be a cell, a cell range, a Table, a function, or a constant.

Hope this was helpful. Or you can get some professional assistance at https://www.o365cloudexperts.com

Regards,
Jerry