-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Linking From raw data sheet to sub sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/447870-linking-raw-data-sheet-sub-sheets.html)

Patrick Johnson

Linking From raw data sheet to sub sheets

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Several years ago I was ok with excel and the formula's associated with it, however, now I am less than ok with excel. I have attached a spreadsheet example of what I am trying to do.

My raw data comes in from a google form that has a name and 10 answers some may be blanks. for example, A1 is the name and B1:K1 are the answers.
I would like to have the sub sheets search the main sheet for John Doe's and then paste the information A1:K1 in the appropriate columns. The way I have it now is on the first sub sheet,

A1 is =IF(Main!A:A="John Doe",Main!B2:B6,"")

which doesn't return any results if I select the whole A column. If I select what i think is called an array A1:A100, then it will find the john doe's but it will copy the information onto the same line on the sub sheet. For example. if A47 on the main sheet is the first John Doe, and the sub sheet is blank, It will paste John Doe on Sub Sheet A47 and leave the first 47 lines blank. I want it to put the information on sequential lines on the sub sheet regardless where it is located on the main sheet.

I appreciate any help and suggestions very much and thank you!

PS i apologize i could not upload a zip file as the work computer is being dumb. I included a link to google spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kUxQ kE#gid=0