-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Content Linking from MS Word Documents into Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/447794-content-linking-ms-word-documents-into-excel.html)

Lacks

Content Linking from MS Word Documents into Excel

Hello all,

I have a simple question and expect it would have a simple answer though solution may be a tricky.

Context: Link contents of two word documents into one excel spreadsheet

Problem Statement:

1. I want to create an excel traceability matrix which should link titles/contents of word documents and link them up in excel showing as some symbol that both are related (or change colour of which ever requirement has been changed).

In case if any requirement in either document is changed, excel should display through that symbol or as said change cell colour.

EXample- I have two word documents which have numbered requirements.

For ex-

a). Word_Doc_1.docx (first document)
i). FREQ_1 (first requirement in first document)
ii). FREQ_2 (second requirement in first document)

b). Word_Doc_2.docx
i). SREQ_1 (First requirement in second document)
ii). SREQ_2 (second requirement in second document)

I can create bookmark of all four requirements in both documents and can create a hyperlink in excel which will refer those but how to-

1. Set up the linking between them
2. Display the impact if any requirement changes?

Please do let me know if all you expert need any information which I missed. More than happy to provide.

Regards.
Lacks