-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Link row of data from one worksheet to another based on column criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/447343-link-row-data-one-worksheet-another-based-column-criteria.html)

texas tina

Link row of data from one worksheet to another based on column criteria

I have excel sheet with 4 worksheets tabs(Master, Won, Lost, No Bid). All data entered on Master. I want each row to automatically link/appear on 2nd, 3rd or 4th worksheet tab based on info in column Q (Result) which would be either 'Pending' - in which case it would stay on Master, 'Won' - would stay and copy to Won worksheet, 'Lost' - would stay andcopy to Lost worksheet, 'No Bid' - would stay and copy to No Bid worksheet. All rows would always show up on Master worksheet.

Spencer101

Quote:

Originally Posted by texas tina (Post 1606238)
I have excel sheet with 4 worksheets tabs(Master, Won, Lost, No Bid). All data entered on Master. I want each row to automatically link/appear on 2nd, 3rd or 4th worksheet tab based on info in column Q (Result) which would be either 'Pending' - in which case it would stay on Master, 'Won' - would stay and copy to Won worksheet, 'Lost' - would stay andcopy to Lost worksheet, 'No Bid' - would stay and copy to No Bid worksheet. All rows would always show up on Master worksheet.

Could you post a sample workbook?

texas tina

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached a sample file

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spencer101 (Post 1606258)
Could you post a sample workbook?

Spencer101

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by texas tina (Post 1606305)
I have attached a sample file

Here's one simple approach to this. Column A on each worksheet holds a simple reference that is used to look up the data from the Sheet1 into the others. I've left them visible for now but you can simply hide column A on each sheet.

The email address hyperlinks in sheets 2 - 4 don't work in this version, but that's easily fixed if you need it to be.

The other way around this is simply recording a macro that filters the data in sheet 1 then copying and pasting the data into the relevant sheets from there.

Let me know if you need more help / information.

S.