-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Linking Data in Access to a Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/36359-linking-data-access-spreadsheet.html)

carrol

Linking Data in Access to a Spreadsheet

Can I link data in Access to a spreadsheet? Use Access & Excel 2003.

Thanks!

Bill Manville

If you just want to retrieve data from Access to Excel, look in Excel
at Data / Import External Data / New Database Query

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

carrol

No, I have some fields in Access that I want to insert into Excel. I don't
want the whole database, just a few fields. Kinda like a mailmerge in Word
but I want some of those fields in Access inserted into Excel.

Thanks!

"Bill Manville" wrote:

If you just want to retrieve data from Access to Excel, look in Excel
at Data / Import External Data / New Database Query

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Andy Wiggins

This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...SqlRequest.zip
It's in the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

This workbook demonstrates how to get data direct from an MS Access table,
or from an open or closed MS Excel workbook using the workbook function
SQL.REQUEST.

Recently updated to show the use of SQL.REQUEST in the same workbook.

The code is open and commented.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com

"carrol" wrote in message
Can I link data in Access to a spreadsheet? Use Access & Excel 2003.

Thanks!

Bill Manville

Then my previous suggestion is appropriate