-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Matching data and linking it to the matching cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/35178-matching-data-linking-matching-cell.html)

yvonne a via OfficeKB.com

Matching data and linking it to the matching cell

My problem may seem fairly simple, I just need some quick advice. I want to
make a cell which serves as a "find" function on my worksheet. For
simplicity, I would simply like to use the lookup function to find my
matching text, return its location, so I can link it to that cell. My intent
is to have the user type in a word and once they press enter, it will take
them to the cell on the worksheet that has teh matching word. The word will
only appear once, so linking it to the wrong cell wouldn't be an issue. Also,
the "find" box should be able to have the information deleted in it to start
a new search at any time. Please help! Thanks soooo much!