-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Linking and Filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/270003-linking-filter.html)

B. Kendall

Linking and Filter

Hello,

I am trying to set up a job tracking spreadsheet where I can input all new jobs, including dates received, invoice numbers, job specific data, and the employees that will be working on the job. What I would like would be to have a second identical spreadsheet where I leave certain cells for each row empty to allow the employees to fill in that portion of the information themselves. If possible, I would like for my spreadsheet to update theirs, and theirs to update mine.

I have accomplished this so far by linking the various cells between the spreadsheets, and they update each other instantly (using Excel 2010). However, when I filter the data on either sheet the links stay in the cell they were previously linked to and the data is no longer correct.

I am using each sheet with the top row as filters so I can easily manipulate the data. Is there a way to make it so that I can filter either spreadsheet independently and still have the links keep the data in the correct row?

I have not tried setting up a pivot table, and am not really sure how that process works, or if I can do what I want with that format. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ben Kendall