-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Remove Hyperlinks (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/265205-remove-hyperlinks.html)

Jester

Remove Hyperlinks

Hi guys, today I had copied some text from the net and pasted it into cells
in Excel 2000. However, when I try and click on the cell, it wants to take
me back to the website I copied the text from. When I try and right click
on the cell, the "Remove Hyperlink" command does not appear. Is there
anything else I can try.??

Thanks

John

FloMM2

Remove Hyperlinks

Jester,
Have you tried to select the cell, select "Insert", select "Hyperlink" and
"Remove Link" ? Even if you use the hyperlink, the cell will remain selected
after the web page opens. Just close the web page.
hth
"Jester" wrote:

Hi guys, today I had copied some text from the net and pasted it into cells
in Excel 2000. However, when I try and click on the cell, it wants to take
me back to the website I copied the text from. When I try and right click
on the cell, the "Remove Hyperlink" command does not appear. Is there
anything else I can try.??

Thanks

John

.