-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   copy & pasting same cell from different worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/252248-copy-pasting-same-cell-different-worksheets.html)

tabylee via OfficeKB.com

copy & pasting same cell from different worksheets

Hi

I have a workbook with 12 worksheets(one for each month of the year) and an
additional one for summary.

I need to copy and paste multiple data from each month worksheet to the
Summary worksheet.

for example:
1. the value in Jan worksheet B2 to B10 to Summary worksheet C2 to C10
2. the value in Feb worksheet B2 to B10 to summary worksheet D2 to D10
3. the value in March worksheet B2 to B10 to Summary worksheet E2 to E10
etc. up to Dec worksheet.

As of now, I will highlight C2 of Summary worksheet, type = and point to B2
of Jan worksheet and drag up to C10. and do the same for each month worksheet.

Is there a quicker way of doing these? As there a lot of data that need to be
copied from each worksheet.

Tabylee

Bill Manville

copy & pasting same cell from different worksheets

Assuming all your Jan data is in column B of the summary sheet, and all
the Feb data are in column C etc....

I would create the formulas for Jan in the way you describe.
I would make sure that all the B's had $ in front of them (you could
always do a replace all on the columnm, replacing !B by !$B and :B by
:$B

Then when you have created all the Jan formulas in column B of the
summary sheet, copy that column and paste into columns C:M
Then in column C replace all Jan by Feb, in column D replace all Jan by
Mar etc.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England