-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Strange New Line text when importing from Access 97 (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/228663-strange-new-line-text-when-importing-access-97-a.html)

Mattyb

Strange New Line text when importing from Access 97

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I have imported 4 columns from a table within an Access 97 database. I am having trouble with One column which is a "memo" field in Access. When the data imports, at the end of every paragraph within each cell (When there is a "Return"/new line) there is a little square box? This cannot be removed using the Find/Replace function as it is acutually a New Line symbol. The problem is that it is visible when printing?

Please help!!

David McRitchie

Strange New Line text when importing from Access 97

Hi Matty,
See the TrimALL macro in
Rearranging Data in Columns

HTH,