-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   E-Mail Addresses in Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/224277-e-mail-addresses-cell.html)

Paul

E-Mail Addresses in Cell

I have cut and pasted a number of e-mail address into Excel. When I hover
over them, some appear as hyperlinks (ie with the hand), but others don't (ie
I get the cross). How can I convert them all so that they appear as
hyperlinks and launch a new Outlook mail message when I click on them?

Gary''s Student

E-Mail Addresses in Cell

Say you have links like:

in column A from A1 thru A100

In B1 enter:

=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1,A1) and copy down

The links in column B should all be "hot"
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200839