-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Excel 2007 Crashes and Shuts down with External Links (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/221770-excel-2007-crashes-shuts-down-external-links.html)

Ofelia

Excel 2007 Crashes and Shuts down with External Links

Good morning!

I am having crashing problems in Excel. It is crashing so bad that it
reboots my laptop. I get a black screen all of the sudden and it restarts.

I have a workbook that has 30 worksheets. The workbook has 12 external
links. The workbooks I am linking to also have more external links. The
links are within the same network drive. *** I have alot of external links
*** Is there a max on links?? What can Excel really handle? The
spreadsheets are very complex.

The computer I am using is 3 months old HP laptop. 2.2 Ghz, Core Duo T7500,
4 G RAM. I have run all the updates. I have SP3 installed.

Thank you for all your help!!

: )

--
Ofelia

bandad

Excel 2007 Crashes and Shuts down with External Links

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with spreadsheets that have links in them.
Perhaps another post in the thread will wake someone up to provide some
answers?