-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   links in documentum (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/216700-links-documentum.html)

Chadiusmax

links in documentum

Does anyone know how to get linked spreadsheets in a documentum content
repository to work together? When I open the workbook that is linked to
other workbooks, changes made to the others do not update the workbook I
opened.

I seems that linking functions will only worked in a shared unsecured
network folder.

MorganMorganLaw

Trying to figure out hyperlinks

could someone let me know how to use a link like the example:

https://geraldmillerlawyer.com/

but I would like the text to display something more neat for the titile like this example:

geraldmillerlawyer.com

MorganMorganLaw

I found the answer for anyone looking

So after doing some research I've found that you can simply hover over the link for some options..

for example: https://www.ericasplumbing.com/plumb...al-springs-fl/

hover over the link and excel will give you edit options, click the pencil icon. there are two options, the top is the display tect where I could edit this to (for example):

www.ericasplumbing.com/

below that, is the actual url which will and should remain the same as the example states:

https://www.ericasplumbing.com/plumb...al-springs-fl/

MorganMorganLaw

Another example

You could have soemthing like http://584hero.com/ pasted in the column cell, and it you wanted to change it to 584hero.com you would click the pencil icon by hovering over the link and this will allow you to "edit link" change the link title to whatever you wish, just leave the original URL form field untouched.