-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Can't use excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/208998-cant-use-excel.html)

Ralphael1

Can't use excel

I can't change some of the worksheet settings because these is no
printer connected to the computer.
Is there a way to get around this?

Ralphael, the OLD one

Bill Manville

Can't use excel

You should be able to add a printer driver (in control panel) even if
there is not a printer connected

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Ralphael1

Can't use excel

On Nov 4, 9:11*am, Bill Manville wrote:
You should be able to add a printer driver (in control panel) even if
there is not a printer connected

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Does not work for me. Computer cannot detect printer therefore driver
will not install.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Bill Manville

Can't use excel

Printers are not my area of expertise, but if you are using Windows XP
and use the Add Printer wizard, on the second screen select "local
printer" but not "automatically detect"; then you should be able to
select a port and printer type - it shouldn't matter that the printer
is not physically present.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

sandypeter111[_2_]

Can't use excel

Ralphael1;3048616 Wrote:
I can't change some of the worksheet settings because these is no
printer connected to the computer.
Is there a way to get around this?

Ralphael, the OLD one

You should have the internal excel problem. Without printer there is no
any chance for problem in accessing the functions.

--
sandypeter111