-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Links / Formulas not updating (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/188595-links-formulas-not-updating.html)

Tim H[_2_]

Links / Formulas not updating

For some reason, on only a few random spreadsheets that I'm working in,
formulas and links are not updating unless I goto the cell and hit a hard
return.

I've already checked Tools - Options - Calculation set to Automatic. Even
tried hitting F9 several times and clicking the Calc sheet button.

Problem is not affecting all open spreadsheets and I can't find any common
link between the ones that are having the this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Bill Manville

Tim H wrote:
For some reason, on only a few random spreadsheets that I'm working in,
formulas and links are not updating unless I goto the cell and hit a hard
return.

Which version of Excel? (It always helps if you tell us)
For links, check the setting in Edit Links Startup Prompt
Try Ctrl+Alt+F9 (forces a complete recalc).
Try Edit Replace = [with] = Replace All
(rebuilds the calculation tree)

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England