-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   pathnames to linked workbooks change from mapped drive to UNC occasionally (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/178591-pathnames-linked-workbooks-change-mapped-drive-unc-occasionally.html)

Larry Wrinn

pathnames to linked workbooks change from mapped drive to UNC occasionally

I am using Excel 2003 and have a Excel workbook that is updated by several
other workbooks each time it is opened. Several different users open this
same workbook and update information directly in it as well. The workbook
resides on a Novell 6.5 server in a novell mapped drive. Sometimes the links
in this workbook will change from the mapped drive (P:) to the UNC name
(\\server_name\volume). When this happens I have to manually update the link
with the mapped drive information or the update fails. I have no idea why it
would be changing in the first place. Does anyone have any ideas on how I
could troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1033-1.aspx