Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Hyperlink changed when document was saved ...

Hello,

I have an excel worksheet that we use to schedule and keep track of mailings
between our admin and marketing departments. In this document we utilize the
hyperlink feature to let the marketing department insert a link to the
publisher document on our shared network (L:) drive so the admin can open the
document to create the mailing.

This has seemed to work well until the marketing department emailed the
document and a user in the admin department opened it, made some content
changes to the document (nothing to the link) and saved it back on the L:
drive. When the document was later accessed from the L: drive it appeared
that all the hyperlinks were updated to a path that originates on that admin
users C: drive but also contains some of the L: drive path.

The location appears as this: file:///C:\Documents and Settings\hcruz\Local
Setting\ ... and then proceeds to list the L: drive path, less the (L:)

I have two basic questions:

1. Is this normal behavior due to that document being saved from an email
(temporary internet files folder)?
2. Is there a way that we can easily refresh all of the hyperlinks to the
correct path, or will we need to redo each one?

Thank you

My apologies if this question has been asked already