-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Excel 2003 File Closes In 2000 (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/16233-excel-2003-file-closes-2000-a.html)

[email protected]

Excel 2003 File Closes In 2000

I have a file I created in 2003 at work that has several links to
external CSV files. I have copied that workbook and all the linked CSV
files and put them on my home computer with Excel 2000 SP3. However,
when I open the file, it asks to update the links, finds the correct
CSV files to use, and then after going through each linked file, I get
an error message ("..encountered a problem and needs to close.." and
the file closes automatically.

Any ideas? Thanks.