-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Hyperlinks "break" (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/14779-hyperlinks-%22break%22.html)

Jennifer Watnemoe

Hyperlinks "break"

I have a problem in Excel 2000 that hyperlinks I put in work fine and then
after a period of time they stop working and I have to re-enter them.

Bill Manville

Jennifer Watnemoe wrote:
I have a problem in Excel 2000 that hyperlinks I put in work fine and then
after a period of time they stop working and I have to re-enter them.

Do you move the file around?

It sometimes helps if you put a fictitious server name in File / Properties /
Summary / Hyperlink Base (e.g. \\SomeServer\SomeFolder )
That should prevent Excel from creating hyperlinks which are relative to the
location of the workbook.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England