-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Changing formula links (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/146908-changing-formula-links.html)

[email protected]

Changing formula links

I have a master spreadsheet that calls on another spreadsheet(a) a
completes the calculation, the problem is it is pointing at the wrong
spreadsheet, spreadsheet(a).

When I open up the correct spreadsheet, spreadsheet(b) and select the
correct cell, I copy it then go the back to the master spreadsheet,
select paste special and select 'paste link' this gives me the number
from the correct spreadsheet and overwrites the existing data in the
master sheet

All I want is to take the number from a particular cell in
spreadsheet, spreadsheet(b) and add it to a particular cell in the
master sheet, what am I doing wrong?

Current calculation:
=+'C:\Documents and Settings\uuser.DOMAIN\Local Settings\Temporary
Internet Files\OLK17D\[Some Spreadsheet - Fixed Assets.xls]12-31-07'!$N
$100

What appears when I paste the link:
='[Some Spreadsheet - Fixed Assets New.xls]12-31-07'!$T$61

Gary''s Student

Changing formula links

Just make sure spreadsheet(a) has first been save in a non-temp location
before using it as the source of links.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731