-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   linking columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/145458-linking-columns.html)

Joanne

linking columns

I am using winxp pro and msoffice 2003

I have a workbook containing many vendor sheets. It is the master
pricing workbook.

I also have customer workbooks each containing a copy of the master
pricing spreadsheet for any vendors the customer uses.

I want to link the customer sheets to the master pricing sheets so when
pricing is updated in the Master, all the customer pricing spreadsheets
also get updated.

I created the customer spreadsheets using copy/past from the master so
that they would be identical.

My question is:
Can I link the pricing level column in the master sheet to the pricing
level column in the customer sheet by linking the entire column (maybe
using a range formula/command?) or must I link the cells in the columns
individually.

I've never done this type of work before, so if I am going about this
totally wrong, please feel free to straighten me out. I am open to all
suggestions and advice on how to get this project up and running.

Thanks so much for your time and effort. This is a great place to go to
get advice and answers before spending a lot of time doing things wrong
and then having to re-do them. (Learned my lesson well about that ;-)!)

Joanne