-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   display links (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/143521-display-links.html)

Linda@LLBean

display links

I would like to know if it's possible to "show links" that are in an existing
document. I want to show the user what links are embedded in the document.

Thanks!
.....Linda

Bob Flanagan

display links

Linda what do you mean by "show"? If you select Edit, Links, a list of the
linked workbooks appear.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Linda@LLBean" wrote in message
I would like to know if it's possible to "show links" that are in an
existing
document. I want to show the user what links are embedded in the
document.

Thanks!
....Linda

Viks E.

display links

Tools--Options--View--Formulas

"Linda@LLBean" wrote:

I would like to know if it's possible to "show links" that are in an existing
document. I want to show the user what links are embedded in the document.

Thanks!
....Linda

Linda@LLBean

display links

I have a support/source worksheet that I would like to list what links are
used (and tell the user when to update/why the link is there). Most of my
link names include the date, so this is also an additional control for the
user.

The Edit/Link function only shows a partial name, not the full name (and I'd
have to instruct the user on how to do this).

The Tools/Options displays all links (will scare the heck out of my user!)
and again will truncate with the column width.

I was hoping to somehow create a formula that would show the text for the
referenced cell (ex: cell A1 on source document would be written as =
'summary page'A1 and would display the text in summaryA1 as
"C:server\path\link file.xls"

Thank you!
.....Linda

"Linda@LLBean" wrote:

I would like to know if it's possible to "show links" that are in an existing
document. I want to show the user what links are embedded in the document.

Thanks!
....Linda

Bob Flanagan

display links

Linda, take a look at the Link Finder at
http://www.add-ins.com/linkfind.htm. It can create a list of links for you.

"Linda@LLBean" wrote:

I would like to know if it's possible to "show links" that are in an
existing
document. I want to show the user what links are embedded in the
document.

Thanks!
....Linda

Linda@LLBean