-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Excel 97 link s (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/128470-excel-97-link-s.html)

Dave

Excel 97 link s

Hello,

I'm using Excel 97.
I have received some workbooks that were generated in a newer version
of Excel - not sure what, but later than Excel 97. I'm trying to link
my own workbook to certain cells in these workbooks. I always end up
with #REF! in the cell - the only way I can fix it is to open each of
these later version workbooks and save them, then everything works
OK. What am I missing here, or is this a version issue? Thanks for
your help

regards

Dave