-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Button linking to another cell and sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/125012-button-linking-another-cell-sheet.html)

SouthernBoy718

Button linking to another cell and sheet

What I'm trying to build here is an automatic drawing simulation instead of giving out tickets and drawing them from a hat or drum.

Setup: I have 2 worksheets where Sheet1 contains a command button and will display results starting on row 15 (A15) while incrementing by 1 (A16) each time the command button is hit. The data which should be shown on these rows (A15, A16, etc) will be derived from Sheet2 which has one column of names (A1 thru 'end of names').

So far, I've been able to "randomize" the names on Sheet2 to receive 1 result (or pick) by using this formula and hitting F9: =INDEX(A:A,RAND()*COUNTA(A:A)+1)

My Questions:
1 - How can make the command button on Sheet1 perform the function of hitting F9 on Sheet2 and receive the result starting on row 15 - Sheet1?

2 - Instead of just receiving data/value from 1 column, is it possible to receive a row of data/values from let say, 4 columns (Sheet2 - A25 thru D25), and have this be populated starting on row15 - Sheet1?

Is this possible?

Please let me know if more details are needed. Many "thanks" in advance for your time and effort on this.