Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Updating the source of a linked cell

Hi all,

I have a question about linked cells. Let's say that I have a cell B2
with value 5. I have another cell C4 which I want to display the value
of B2 but also be able to change its value if I enter in a new value.
I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but I thought I should ask people
who are more familiar with excel.

I think this is useful if you want to display values from a range in
another sheet but still have an active link to the data to update it. I
was trying to see if there is a way of embedding a cell within another
cell, but there doesn't seem to be a way.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

A cell can contain a formula (delivering a value), or a constant value
but not both simultaneously.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England