-   Links and Linking in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/)
-   -   Multiple page entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/links-linking-excel/102403-multiple-page-entries.html)

DAVID SHAUBS

Multiple page entries

I've been using the same 88 page workbook for about 2 years, in the same
way. Today, when I entered any data, it was entered across all 88 pages, on
the same line that I originally entered it. Unfortunately, I didn't notice
it until I had already saved a few times. How do I stop Excel from doing
this. I did not make any changes other than entering data.

Bill Manville

Multiple page entries

You must have grouped the worksheets (e.g. by having the left-most one
selected and then shift-clicking the tab of the right-most one).
[Group] will show in the title bar when it is in this state.

You could put this code in the ThisWorkbook module to be warned as it
happens:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)
If ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Count 1 And Sh.Name =
ActiveSheet.Name Then
MsgBox "You just made a change in group mode" & vbNewline & _
"it will affect other sheets; edit/undo if it was not inteded"

I hope you had a backup.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England