-   -   A formula for monthly tracking? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99947-formula-monthly-tracking.html)

Jlabbe

A formula for monthly tracking?

I have worksheets that represent different vendors. I need to be able to pull
monthly numbers out of worksheets and keep track of them. Here's the problem.
The invoices don't get put in to the worksheets in chronological order. There
may be 5 invoices in a row for the month of January then 4 after that from
February then maybe 2 after that from January. Is there a way to have Excel
scan the date columns and add up the ones that are the same month and then
put that total in another column?

VBA Noob

A formula for monthly tracking?

Yes it can be done just you need to give more detail.

1). How many Vendor worksheets or is it a Sheet per month.
2). Is it for a calendar year
3). Do you want it in the same sheet or a summary sheet
4). What columns have the dates and which ones have the Vendors

Odds are it will be a SumProduct function. The attached link should
help

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob