-   -   How do I setup a formula to insert the rate? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99943-how-do-i-setup-formula-insert-rate.html)

Jennifer

How do I setup a formula to insert the rate?

If I have a spreadsheet that contains a person's name, position, and hourly
rate is there a formula that I can enter that will automatically insert the
rate depending on the position I enter! For Instance if I enter driller in
B2 under position is their a way to input a formula that will give me that
hourly rate?

Bondi

Jennifer wrote:
If I have a spreadsheet that contains a person's name, position, and hourly
rate is there a formula that I can enter that will automatically insert the
rate depending on the position I enter! For Instance if I enter driller in
B2 under position is their a way to input a formula that will give me that
hourly rate?

Hi Jennifer,

You might find this information on Debra Dalgleish site helpful:

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Simple

Regards,
Bondi