-   -   using SUMPRODUCT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99713-using-sumproduct.html)

Mondie Gonzales

using SUMPRODUCT

I am using SUMPRODUCT to count mulitple criteria in different columns. It has
worked up to this point, but I am now getting a VALUE!error and am not sure
why.

Here is the scenario: 2 columns
Month Type
Jan A
Jan B
Feb A
Feb B

I need to count the error types by month. My fomula looks like this:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Month="Jan"),--(Type="A"))

Month and Type are named ranges. I have also tried replacing the criteria
with cell references.

Thank you.

Toppers

using SUMPRODUCT

Are the named ranges the same size i.e. number of rows? If not, this will
result in a VALUE! error.

My limited testing worked OK using named ranges.

HTH

"Mondie Gonzales" wrote:

I am using SUMPRODUCT to count mulitple criteria in different columns. It has
worked up to this point, but I am now getting a VALUE!error and am not sure
why.

Here is the scenario: 2 columns
Month Type
Jan A
Jan B
Feb A
Feb B

I need to count the error types by month. My fomula looks like this:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Month="Jan"),--(Type="A"))

Month and Type are named ranges. I have also tried replacing the criteria
with cell references.

Thank you.

Mondie Gonzales

using SUMPRODUCT