-   -   Working with sheets in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99455-working-sheets-excel-2003-a.html)

Americo

Working with sheets in Excel 2003

Hello Everyone!
I have a problem with Excel 2003. I have a sheet of this kind: column
A:Name, column b: country, column c: goals and column d: points. This sheet
has 29 files with information as numbers and texts. I need take the highest
value in the column c and show it in a new sheet. When the value is founded,
by some way the name in the column a has also be showing. Ex. If the highest
value in the column c is in the file 10 this value has to be shown in the new
sheet and the players name. How and with which functions can I make this?

excelent

Working with sheets in Excel 2003

C2=LARGE(Sheet1!C1:C100,1) ' find largest value
B2=INDEX(Sheet1!A2:A100,MATCH(C2,Sheet1!C2:C100)) ' find name in same row

"Americo" skrev:

Hello Everyone!
I have a problem with Excel 2003. I have a sheet of this kind: column
A:Name, column b: country, column c: goals and column d: points. This sheet