-   -   Staffer at work with problem... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99432-staffer-work-problem.html)

MCDST070-271

Staffer at work with problem...

Have Excel file open with simple multiplication formula in it. Wehn I enter
number in cell, the adjacent cell that has the formula in it and depends on
the cell where number is entered will not update.

Checking and changing the format of the formula didn't change the issue.
Assistance Needed.

Thanks,

MCDST

RagDyeR

Staffer at work with problem...

Make sure calculation is set to automatic.

<Tools <Options <Calculation tab<
And make sure Automatic *is checked*.
--
HTH,

RD

"MCDST070-271" wrote in message
Have Excel file open with simple multiplication formula in it. Wehn I
enter
number in cell, the adjacent cell that has the formula in it and depends
on
the cell where number is entered will not update.

Checking and changing the format of the formula didn't change the issue.
Assistance Needed.

Thanks,

MCDST

MCDST070-271

Staffer at work with problem...

RD -

Thanks, solved the problem. Much appreciated. You work for Microsft or just
an excel guru?

Thanks again,

MCDST

"MCDST070-271" wrote:

Have Excel file open with simple multiplication formula in it. Wehn I enter
number in cell, the adjacent cell that has the formula in it and depends on
the cell where number is entered will not update.

Checking and changing the format of the formula didn't change the issue.
Assistance Needed.

Thanks,

MCDST

RagDyeR

Staffer at work with problem...

Neither one!

I don't believe *anyone* here works for Redmond.

And I dye for a living.<g

Literally ... dye textiles.

RD