-   -   highlight largest number in a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99409-highlight-largest-number-row.html)

snmcpa

highlight largest number in a row

I am working on a spreadsheet and want the highest number in a row to be
highlighted. Can someone tell me how to format this to work automatically.

Pierre

snmcpa wrote:
I am working on a spreadsheet and want the highest number in a row to be
highlighted. Can someone tell me how to format this to work automatically.

In a cell on your sheet lets say C1 enter =LARGE(A2:A7,1) which looks
for the largest number in the range.
This assumes the range to look for the largest value is A2:A7.

Now use conditional formatting in the range A2:A7, if the value in the
range is equal to the result in C1, format to your liking with borders,
background colors, etc.

Pierre

snmcpa

highlight largest number in a row