-   -   Overtime Calculation??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99359-overtime-calculation.html)

Cherilou

Overtime Calculation???

Help!!! I can't workout how to do an overtime calculation if a standard
day was 7.5 hours (7 1/2 hours) and they work on a bank hol I want it to
state that they have worked double time in hours worked that day??

--
Cherilou
Cherilou's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36371

Marcelo

Overtime Calculation???

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

try this

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Cherilou" escreveu:

Help!!! I can't workout how to do an overtime calculation if a standard
day was 7.5 hours (7 1/2 hours) and they work on a bank hol I want it to
state that they have worked double time in hours worked that day??

--
Cherilou
Cherilou's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36371
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561540

Gary Brown

Overtime Calculation???

Need more information.
- Does the Holiday Pay start at midnight?
- Does the Holiday Pay start at shift-change (for example: 11pm the night
before?)
- Does the employee need to work x # of hours on the holiday before the
Holiday Pay kicks in?
- Does the employee get Holiday Pay if the shift is mostly in the previous
day / the following day?
- Does typical OT start after 7.5 hours?
- Does typical OT start after 8.0 hours?
- Does typical OT start after 35 hours?
- Does typical OT start after 40 hours?
- Does the employee get triple pay for work after x hours [7.5 / 8.0] on a
Holiday?

That said, the simplest formula is...
Assuming the hours worked are in cell A1...
=A1x2

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"Cherilou" wrote:

Help!!! I can't workout how to do an overtime calculation if a standard
day was 7.5 hours (7 1/2 hours) and they work on a bank hol I want it to
state that they have worked double time in hours worked that day??

--
Cherilou
Cherilou's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561540

Cherilou

Overtime Calculation???

Hi,

Ahh...

What I want maybe didn't explain properly(usual). I have a drop down
box in a cell to say if it's a Bank Hol and it automatically calc's
that day as a normal hour working day, when I don't add the time in and
out but I want it to calculate if it's a bank hol the hours put in if is
worked...

I have attached what I've been working on if anyone can help

|Filename: Opt Time Sheet.pdf |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5044 |