-   -   How Do I add/sum the numbers in one cell...((More Info Below)) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/99132-how-do-i-add-sum-numbers-one-cell-more-info-below.html)

Gregorio

How Do I add/sum the numbers in one cell...((More Info Below))

Hello. What I'm doing exactly is Let's Say A1 I have this:
1,5,8,9,10,12

And Now in A2 I want to put the sum of these numbers...

So I want to add the numbers even though they consist of commas.

Is this possible!? Hope you all can help me.
Thank you for your replies...

tim m

How Do I add/sum the numbers in one cell...((More Info Below))

This is not the ideal solution and is undoubtably very inefficient but for
the one example you listed it works. One of the more savvy formula gurus
will probalby come up with something far better but this might at least give
you a place to start.

=LEFT(A1,1)+MID(A1,3,1)+MID(A1,5,1)+MID(A1,7,1)+MI D(A1,9,2)+RIGHT(A1,2)